Accreditation and Affiliation
Parma Heights Christian Academy became chartered by the State of Ohio in September of 1980 for grades kindergarten through six, and was awarded the 2000-01 National Blue Ribbon School of Excellence in May 2001 by the U.S. Department of Education.
Parma Heights Christian Academy is a ministry of Parma Heights Baptist Church (PHBC). It became fully accredited by the Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI) in June 1999. Membership in this organization has been maintained since.
The following is the ACSI’s statement of faith:
- We believe the Bible to be inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God.
- We believe there is one God, eternally existent in three Persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the deity of Christ, His virgin birth, His sinless life, His miracles, His vicarious and atoning death, in His resurrection from the dead and His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and His personal return to power and glory.
- We believe in the absolute necessity of regeneration by the Holy Spirit for salvation because of the exceeding sinfulness of human nature; and that men are justified, on the single ground of faith, in the shed blood of Christ and that only by God s grace and through faith we are saved.
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved, and the lost; they that are saved unto the resurrection of life, and they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation.
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in Christ.